Only a Siberian Husky owner will understand these things
My top 12 observations, do you agree, have I missed anything?
You know when you are a true Siberian Husky owner when…….
- You have come to accept that you will lose one of your shoes! Siberian Huskies LOVE shoes!
2. You accept you are not going to have a perfectly landscaped garden and will continually find holes in random places around your garden.
3. You find yourself having conversations with your Siberian Husky and they seem to talk back to you. Huskies don’t often bark but they do make plenty of noise in other ways! Some adorably vocal Huskies here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA0HY2dQWFU
4. It is no longer unusual to give your eagerly waiting Siberian Husky ice cubes from your drink. Our husky loves to crunch them loudly!
5. You no longer jump when you are ‘Nose Nudged’ continually. You can not help but respond. A nudge means I want to play!
6. You accept that having a husky is a bit like having a toddler, they follow you everywhere, inquisitive to see what you are doing. It is a constant game of follow the leader. Our Siberian Husky likes to keep us in view all the time.
7. You realise that high fencing is ESSENTIAL to stop a ‘Houdini’ style escape. Huskies are very determined and usually successful escape artists. Now your garden is beginning to look like Fort Knox!
8. Your home is continually full of dog hairs and you soon accept it will get worse when they shed their coat.
9. You stop wearing anything black, it is so much easier to wear pale clothes that don’t show the dog hairs!
10. “Walkies” means that actually your Siberian Husky is taking YOU for a walk! At least you get lots of exercise.
11. You see it as absolutely normal to observe your Siberian Husky having extreme running races, at breakneck speed, crazy style with no apparent finish line!
12. You notice your arm muscles are developing nicely as a result of all the ‘pull playing’ and ‘tug of war’ games you play with your Siberian Husky!
Siberian Huskies are adorable, friendly and extremely intelligent but are somewhat independent and stubborn. They absolutely love human company, but need firm gentle training. We love our Haley Husky to bits and would not be without her. Do you have a Siberian Husky? If you do you will be able to relate to all of the above, I’m sure.